Sure you can make this with regular AP Flour but why not boost the nutrition & deliciousness by making it with my Ancient Grain 1:1 Replacement Flour!
Ancient Grain Hamburger Buns
This will be your go-to bun recipe for your bugers, hot dogs, dinner rolls & cinnamon rolls!
- Grease (2) 9x13 pans with non-stick spray
- Add everything to bowl of your mixer up to the AG Flour
- Add almost all of the flour (about 2 1/2 Cups) until everything is incorporated
- Slowly add more flour ONLY UNTIL THE DOUGH PULLS AWAY FROM THE SIDES OF THE BOWL
- Let run on Med speed for 5 min
- With oiled hands (on oiled countertop), Dump the dough on oiled surface
- Divide into 12 equal parts
- Take edges and tuck them under to form a smooth top. Place 6 in each greased pan
- Cover & let rise for 1-2 hrs. (tip: your oven with light on but temp off is an ideal non-drafty place for proofing)
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Bake for about 20 min until golden brown
- Brush on some butter (or vegan butter)
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
Easily doubles or quadruples! Use this recipe for hotdog buns, dinner rolls & cinnamon rolls!