Learn to make this simple bread that will become a staple at your house!
Everyday Ancient Grain Sandwich Bread Recipe
Adapted from Donna's Delights
You won't ever want to buy store-bought sliced bread again!
- Note: if using Active Yeast, combine with warm water for a few min first
- Otherwise, add all ingredients WITH 4 CUPS OF YOUR FLOUR TO BEGIN WITH (you'll add the rest in a min) to your mixing bowl
- Using the dough hook attachment, start on lowest speed and slowly increase until the sticky dough starts coming together.
- Slowly add the remaining flour ONLY UNTIL THE DOUGH STARTS PULLING AWAY FROM BOTTOM SIDES OF THE BOWL - then STOP!
- Let your mixer knead the dough for about 8 min.
- With nicely oiled hands, divide dough between 2 greased bread loaf pans, tucking the edges underneath so the top is nice & smooth.
- Let rise on counter & turn on your oven to 350º. It should double in size in about 15-20 min.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30 min or until deep golden brown.
- Remove loaves from pans & cool completely before slicing or storing.
- Makes 2 loaves.
This recipe is easy to double and freezes beautifully!