Might even be able to fool those meat-eaters in your family with this one! Made with mostly mushrooms, this is such a great alternative at your. next barbeque!
Plant Based Burger
Mostly made of mushrooms, this will be a family favorite & may even satisfy that die-hard meat-eater!
- 1/2 C Bulgar Wheat, covered with boiling water & let soak for 30 min
- 24 oz Combo of Mushrooms, minced in the food processor
- 1/2 C chopped onions, sauteed in a wee bit of oil, S/P
- 3/4 Cup Vital Wheat Gluten
- 1/4 C Nutritional Yeast
- 2 T Coco Aminos
- 2 tsp Miso Paste
- couple dashes of Worcestershire
- couple dashes of liquid smoke
- fresh ground pepper
- Whisk flavor ingredients in a small bowl
- Add to mixing bowl with rest of ingredients
- With Paddle attachment, mix for 4 min on low to medium speed
- Form 12 thin patties
- Cover & refrigerate for at least 30 min
- Cook on a scorching hot cast iron pan about 3-4 min per side until seared
- Add cheese after you flip.
For a spicy kick:
Mix 1/4 C Vegan (or reg) Mayo with a 1 tsp of Calabrian Chili Paste - yummers!